Back Ground

Monday, April 25, 2011

Saturday April 9, 2011


One of the greatest days ever! Today was the official graduation and my personal commencement. We had to get up early and lineup 1 hour before the graduation started. I was lucky enough to sit by Micah so I was not bored. Graduation was great. We walked into the new BYU-Idaho center (super huge). The guest speaker was Elder Snow from the Presidency of the 70. I loved the talks but was super tired. It was hard to stay awake. Grandma Johns and Grandpa Lords came. I think that was one of the highlights for me. They didn’t have to come and because of the super hard year that they have it was a real sacrifice for them to come. I have the best grandparents in the world. I also felt Grandpa Johns and Grandma Lords there. I wore a necklace and the emerald ring that I got from Grandma Lords.

My commencement was next. Again I got to sit by Micah. There were a couple talks and a music number. We then lined up and waiting a very long time to finally walk across the stage and get our diploma covers. I was able to shake hands with President Clark (President of BYU-Idaho) and Elder Snow. It was such a great experience! There was a part where we clapped for our parents and those that helped us get this far. I’m grateful for all of those that made it possible for me to graduate from BYU-Idaho.

So, going back into time…..Yesterday morning we put a huge pot in the crock pot. We intended it to be dinner last night but it was still frozen solid. I didn’t confess to be a cook! So after soaking and cooking for about 30 hours we finally ate it for lunch after graduation. It was super yummy and moist.

Later this evening we went to the lounge at Royal Crest. We had pizza and root beer floats. We then played Apples to Apples. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Nicole, Heidi, and Aubrey came over. My family then needed to go back home. I love them tonz and am grateful for all that they do for me. I have the greatest family in the whole world. It was so fun having my family and the Eldredge’s together. They are super close but haven’t been together for a very long time.

We then watched Tangled in the lounge with the HUGE TV. I of course fell asleep. What a fun filled exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment